If you are lucky enough to own or have access to a lake house, spring is one of the most exciting, and busiest times of the year! Depending on where you live, it may be lake weather already or you may be counting down the weeks until summer when you can
relax and enjoy the great weather. For now, you want to start working on all the maintenance tasks that you neglected over the winter and prepare the lake house for the fun that lies ahead. As the excitement builds, make sure you put the following tasks on your checklist””then, when you are ready to spend time by the water you will be able to relax and enjoy yourself!
- Bathrooms – No matter how well you cleaned the bathroom at the end of last summer you are likely to see a few things that need attention. Rust stains in bathtub or sink and stains in toilet bowl or tank appear after a long winter of neglect. Use a product like Super Iron Out and some elbow grease to make the bathroom sparkle.
- Kitchen – The place you prepare and enjoy meals needs to be clean and inviting. Cleaning dishwasher and sink may take some scrubbing, and the countertops and cabinets just need a quick wipe down to get things looking good again.
- Dusting and Cobwebs – Even if you keep the lake house closed for the winter, dust and cobwebs will find a way to take over. A quick run through with a duster or cloth and cleaner can get rid of this nuisance.
- Outdoor Areas – Check your patio furniture and other outdoor equipment to make sure everything is in good working order. Remove rust from concrete and any stains on your deck to help them look their best too.
- Check Plumbing and HVAC Systems – Before you plan to spend any significant time in your lake house, make sure the plumbing and HVAC systems are operational and change filters, run water through the pipes and take care of other maintenance tasks.
These tasks are just a few that you may want to complete to help get your lake house in tiptop shape. Your house may need some other maintenance too, so customize your to do list to meet your particular needs. Spend some time browsing the internet for tips, tricks and deals. You may be able to find coupons for rust removal or other cleaning products that can save you money on your projects. Don’t put off your Lake House cleaning and maintenance efforts””it will be time to put your toes in the water before you know it!