Oh no! You have guests on the way and you feel like your home is a mess. What should you do? Ideally, you want to do the jobs that make the biggest impact for the least amount of work. This often means “scratching the surface” and avoiding the deep cleaning. Here’s five jobs that can make your home impressive for guests without completely exhausting you.
- Make the Beds – Even if your bedroom has some clutter or needs dusting, if your beds are made, it has a put together appearance. Take the time to pull up the covers and fluff the pillows. It will make you look like you are a much better housekeeper than you may be!
- Do a Quick Pickup – Grab a box or basket and run around picking up things that need to go elsewhere. Even if you don’t have time to put everything away, you can always stash the basket in a closet or in the laundry room.
- Deal with the Dishes – No matter how nice your kitchen is, if the dishes are out of control, it will look cluttered and messy. Put away any clean things that are sitting out and load your dishwasher with the dirty stuff””or hand wash if you prefer. Running the dishwasher makes the house FEEL fresher too.
- Clean Tubs, Toilets and Sinks – While you may not have time for a full bathroom cleaning, you can wipe these down. Even rust removal is easy if you have the right tools. Remove rust stains from toilet and look to see if there is anything else that Super Iron Out can help you accomplish in this much-visited room of the house.
- Freshen the Air – Open a couple of windows, turn on the ceiling fans and spritz some air freshener. A good smelling house is much more inviting than one that seems stale or musty.
If you are in a BIG hurry, you may be able to complete these jobs in less than an hour””getting your home guest ready in no time. Most importantly, remember that you do not have to do it all. Your guests are coming to visit you, not to be impressed by your home. Just do the basics, then make sure you relax and prepare to enjoy the time with your visitors.